CHIPPEWA COUNTY -- The Chippewa County Sheriff's Office has released the names of the two involved in yesterday's fatal crash near Bloomer, WI.
Sheriff James Kowalczyk says that the driver of the log truck was Lavern J Byers, a 42-year-old male from August WI. The driver of the passenger car that died as a result of the crash has been identified as William M Shelton, a 77-year-old male from Duluth MN.
Two-Vehicle Crash With Fatality In Bloomer
DrydenWire.com l Friday, December 14, 2018
CHIPPEWA COUNTY -- The Chippewa County Sheriff's Office says that a two-vehicle crash in Bloomer has resulted in the death of one person.
- Date and Time of Press Release: 12-14-18 5:30 PM
- Date and Time of Event: 12-14-18 11:52 AM
- Type of Event: Two vehicle crash with fatality
- Location of Event: Township of Bloomer. STH 64 at STH 40
- Persons Involved: Withheld pending family notification
- Agencies Involved: Chippewa County Sheriff’s Office, Bloomer Police Department Wisconsin State Patrol, Bloomer fire department, Bloomer Ambulance, and Chippewa Falls Ambulance
Details of Event
On the above date and time the Sheriff’s office along with the Bloomer Police Department Wisconsin State Patrol, Bloomer fire department, Bloomer Ambulance, and Chippewa Falls Ambulance responded to a two vehicle crash with a fatality.
A passenger car with a lone occupant was traveling N/B on STH 40 approaching the intersection with STH 64. The passenger car was required to stop for a stop sign. The passenger car proceeded into the intersection and was struck by a fully loaded tractor trailer that was carrying logs traveling E/B on STH 64. The preliminary investigation shows that the passenger car failed to yield the right of way to the tractor trailer. The operator of the tractor trailer was not injured, the operator of the passenger car was pronounced dead at the scene.
At this time names are not being released pending family notification.
Authority: Sheriff James Kowalczyk