Update on Investigation Into Recent Tavern Burglaries in Burnett County
Detectives have identified multiple suspects in connection to a recent series of burglaries to several taverns throughout the county. Between the dates of September 06 and October 06, the following establishments reported burglaries: American Legion, Dreamers, T-Dawgs, and Denny’s Lanes in the Village of Grantsburg; Last Call, Town of Meenon; Black and Orange, Village of Webster; Otis’, Town of Blaine; and Fishbowl Bar, Town of Swiss. An attempted burglary was also reported at Midtown Tavern in the Town of Meenon.
Detectives are currently working with investigators from Polk and St. Croix Counties who are investigating similar burglaries to establishments in their jurisdictions which are believed to involve the same suspects as the incidents in Burnett County.
No arrests have been made in these incidents. As the investigation into these burglaries is ongoing, no other information can be released at this time.
Rash of Burglaries Reported in Burnett County
Tuesday, September 12, 2017 | by Ben Dryden
The Burnett County Sheriff’s Office says that they are investigating a string of recent burglaries reported in Burnett County. So far, the businesses that have been burglarized have been bars or bar-type establishments.
The Sheriff's Office provided DrydenWire.com the following list of businesses that have reported burglaries:
- 9/6/17 - The American Legion Tavern; Grantsburg
- 9/9/17 - The Last Call Bar; Siren
- 9/11/17 - The Black and Orange Bar; Webster
- 9/11/17 -The 10th Hole; Danbury
- 9/11/17 - Denny’s Lanes; Grantsburg
- 9/11/17 - Dreamer’s St Croix Bar and Grill; Grantsburg
The Sheriff’s Office is asking if other area businesses have had recent break-ins, to call them at: 715-349-2121.
The Sheriff’s Office would not state if there have been any arrests or if they have any suspects.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Walker Signs 8 Crime Prevention & Victim Protection Bills into Law
- Shell Lake Officer Receives Letter of Commendation for Investigation into Cenex Burglary
- Walker Signs Three Bills Supporting Veterans into Law
- Burnett County Sheriff’s Deputy Pleads No Contest to OWI w/Child in Vehicle
- Walker Signs 36 Bills Into Law, Including Allowing Wis. Farmers to Grow Hemp
- Burnett County Jail Bookings from 11/20 to 11/26
- Three Jarchow Bills Signed Into Law
- Governor Walker Signs 19 Bills Into Law
- Healthy Minute: kNOw Meth Burnett County
- Father Arrested for Reckless Homicide after Investigation into 3-Month-Old Daughter's Death