BARRON COUNTY -- The Barron Police Department has updated information regarding a sex offender who was released in November 2018.
Anthony Leritz, convicted of Second Degree Sexual Assault of a Child in 2010, was released from prison in November 2018. That information was provided to the public (see below), however Leritz did not have a place of residence at that time.
Leritz will now be residing at 308 S. Mill St. in Barron, WI per the Barron Police Department.
Updated contact information has also been provided should members of the community have questions, concerns or information:
- 715-537-3101: Barron Police Department
- 715-931-8010: Stephanie Schmidt, Probation Supervisor
- 715-931-8011: Jon Hagen, Probation Agent
**Previous Post Below**
Sex Offender Will Be Homeless In Barron County Upon Release
Barron County Sheriff's Department l Monday, November 19, 2018
The Barron County Sheriff’s Department is releasing the following information pursuant to Wisconsin State Statute 301.46 which authorizes law enforcement agencies to inform the public of a sex offender’s release when, in the discretion of the agency, the release of information will enhance public safety, awareness, and protection. The individual who appears on this notification has been convicted of a sex offense. Further, his criminal history places him in a classification level, which reflects the potential to re-offend.
This sex offender has served the sentence imposed on him by the courts. He is NOT wanted by law enforcement at this time. This notification is not intended to increase fear. It is our belief that an informed public is a safer public.
Sex offenders have always lived in our communities, but it was not until the Sex Offender Registration and Community Notification Law was enacted that law enforcement was able to share this information with the community. Citizen abuse of this information to threaten, intimidate, or harass registered offenders will NOT be tolerated and will be considered a criminal offense.
As a community, this notification provides us with an opportunity to work together by sharing information to enhance the public safety by increasing community awareness regarding this offender and offering positive crime prevention suggestions.
- Name: Anthony Leritz
- Age: 37
- Sex: Male
- Height: 5’11”
- Weight: 240 lbs
- Hair: Brown
- Eyes: Hazel
Release date: 11-20-2018
Anthony Leritz will be on a GPS and is homeless.
- Conviction date: 09/10/2009
- Conviction: Second Degree Sexual Assault of a Child– 948.02(2)
- Conviction Date: 11/01/2010
- Conviction: Second Degree Sexual Assault of a Child- 948.02(2)
Conditions of Supervision, not limited to:
- No unsupervised contact with individuals under the age of 18
- Not to engage in any relationships without prior agent approval
- Prohibited from being in places frequented by children
- Absolute sobriety. No alcohol, drugs, paraphernalia, or bars, etc.
- Report his address of where he stays nightly to DOC and Sex Offender Registry
Important Contact Information:
- Barron County Communications Center: Phone (715) 537-3106
- Kellie Blechinger , Probation Supervisor: Phone (715) 416-4357
- Lauren Kennen, Probation Agent: Phone (715) 931-8007