(UPDATE) Washburn Co. Man Wanted on Nationwide Warrant Apprehended
The Washburn County Sheriff's Office says that Jason Stariha was taken into custody last night, Tuesday, November 14th.
Jason Stariha was apprehended last night in Trego. An anonymous tip led to Jason's capture. Jason was taken into custody without incident. I thank the public for your assistance, with your help we continue to apprehend and hold accountable those who commit crimes against others. -Sheriff Dryden
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
Sheriff: Nationwide Warrant Issued for Wanted Washburn County Man
Thursday, October 26, 2017 | DrydenWire
Felony charges, a criminal complaint, and multiple arrest warrants have been issued against a man who is wanted by the Washburn County Sheriff's Office.
Washburn County Sheriff Terry Dryden said in a statement earlier today that the hunt for Jason Stariha is still on and that Stariha now has 3 Warrants for his arrest;
- State Wide Child Support Warrant, basically Contempt of Court for not paying his child support required by the Washburn County Circuit Court.
- State Wide DOC Warrant, he is on Probation and Parole from previous criminal convictions.
- The most current warrant is a "No Restriction" Warrant issued out of the Washburn County Circuit Court. "No Restriction" warrant is nationwide. This warrant is for several alleged violations of law: 2 Counts of Possession of a Firearm by a Felon and; Second Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety and; Obstructing an Officer and; Disorderly Conduct Domestic Abuse.
Sheriff Dryden stated that "We know Stariha is around the county, or in close proximity, however, our attempts to apprehend have been thwarted by those who are harboring him or wish to delay his apprehension."
Dryden said that is a Felony under WI Stats 946.47 to prevent the apprehension of a felon, harbors or aids him or her. "Those who may choose to harbor or aid Stariha from apprehension will be held accountable," the Sheriff warned.
"I ask for your help once again. Anyone having information about Jason Stariha is encouraged to call the Washburn County Sheriff's Office at 715-468-4720. You can also call our Confidential TIP Line at 715-468-2720, you do not have to leave your name or contact information. If the information you have is of immediate concern, do not use the TIP Line as it is not monitored all the time, call 715-468-472o and ask to remain anonymous. Thanks for your help." - Sheriff Dryden
Washburn County Sheriff's Office Looking for Suspect
Sunday, October 15, 2017 | WCSO l News Release
The Washburn County Sheriff's Office is looking for Jason J. Stariha, M/W, DOB: 06/02/70. Stariha is wanted for Domestic Abuse Disorderly Conduct, Felon in Possession of a Firearm and Reckless Endangerment.
Stariha is wanted on these charges after an incident in the early morning hours, this morning, on Spooner Lake Road, Township of Spooner.
Anyone having information please call the Washburn County Sheriff's Office at 715-468-4720.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Man Wanted in Cenex Burglary Investigation Apprehended
- Arrest Warrant Issued for Man Charged with Break-In at Shell Lake Cenex
- Arrest Warrant Issued on Attempted Arson Charges Filed Against Grantsburg Man
- Man Wanted on Nationwide Warrant Arrested: Appears in Barron County Court
- Nationwide Warrant Issued for Man Wanted by Barron County Sheriff's Dept.
- Sheriff: Nationwide Warrant Issued for Wanted Washburn County Man
- DOC Issues Warrant for Man Being Sought by the Washburn County Sheriff's Office
- Search Warrant Results in Meth Charges for Shell Lake Man
- Bayfield Co. Sheriff's Office Seeking Wanted Man with Last Known Address of Hayward, WI