BARRON COUNTY -- A 21-year-old female was left with injuries after her Amish buggy was struck by a vehicle in Barron County on Tuesday night, according to a press release from the Barron County Sheriff’s Office.
On Tuesday, September 7, 2021, at 6:53 pm, the Barron County Sheriff Department received a call of a motor vehicle crash involving an Amish buggy on 8th Avenue (CTH D) near 21st Street, Prairie Lake Township, Barron County.
Deputies from the Barron County Sheriff’s Department along with Chetek Fire Department, Chetek Ambulance, Mayo Helicopter, and Wisconsin State Patrol responded to the scene.
Upon arrival, it was determined a 21-year-old female, who was by herself, was riding in an Amish buggy traveling westbound on CTH D and was struck from behind by a 42-year-old male from Rice Lake, who was also westbound.
- Barron County Weekly Jail Bookings Report
- Speed And Drugs Believed To Be Factor In Single-Vehicle Crash In Barron County
- Sheriff’s Office: Search Is Ongoing For Missing Man
- WATCH: 'Positive Tuesday' W/ Ben & Fitzy! - Ep. #63
- Single-Vehicle Crash In Sawyer County Results In Death Of 47-Year-Old Man
After the buggy was struck, it rolled into the ditch causing non-life threatening injuries to the female who was transported by Chetek Ambulance to Mayo Hospital in Barron.
The driver of the truck, was operating a 2014 Dodge Ram truck, was not injured.
The setting sun was a contributing factor.
The crash is being investigated by the Barron County Sheriff’s Department.
- Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff