Vehicle vs Tree Crash Results in Death of Barron Co. Man
On Tuesday, October 3, 2017, at 6:58 pm the Barron County Sheriff’s Department was advised of a 1 vehicle vs tree accident on 22 ¾ St north of County Road D, west of Chetek.
Deputies from the Barron County Sheriff’s Department along with Chetek Ambulance, Chetek Fire Department, Lakeview Medical Center Ambulance, Chetek 1st Responders and Life Link Helicopter all responded to the scene.
The initial report was able to determine that an F150 pickup truck was traveling south on 22 ¾ St when it veered off the roadway into the ditch and struck two trees. The driver of the truck was extricated and transported to Mayo Hospital where he was later pronounced deceased.
The driver of the truck was Dennis Hiemstra, 58 of Chetek.
The cause of the crash is under investigation but alcohol is not a factor in the crash and the Barron County Medical Examiner Office is investigating a possible medical issue. Mr. Hiemstra was not wearing his seatbelt.
Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Barron Man Indicted in Federal Court on Meth Charges
- Barron County Woman Charged with Wire Fraud & Tax Crimes
- Skeletal Remains of Human Body Discovered in Barron County
- Burnett County Sheriff’s Deputy Pleads No Contest to OWI w/Child in Vehicle
- WCAHS Tree of Lights Event: 'Dreams Do Come True'
- Fatal Crash in Washburn County
- Father Arrested for Reckless Homicide after Investigation into 3-Month-Old Daughter's Death
- Missing Waupun Man Found Deceased in Barron County
- Alcohol Suspected as Factor in Vehicle vs Tree Crash in Burnett County
- Tree Stand Photo Contest