POLK COUNTY -- The Polk County Veterans Services Commission (VSC) is seeking applicants for their VSC Fund.

The VSC Fund is a one-time use emergency grant available to veterans in need. These funds can be used by area veterans who require financial assistance for things such as gas cards, rent or mortgage assistance, food, utilities, and more. The Veterans Service Commission (VSC) is a committee that has three veterans on as commissioners; applicants seeking more than $250 from this fund will need to be approved by the commissioners. Requests under $250 can be approved by just the VSC Secretary.

“This is a program that has plenty of funds in it to help out our local veterans,” VSC Secretary and Veteran Service Director Andrew Butzler said. “Each year, Polk County contributes to this fund. Money is also raised through private donations and surrounding veteran service organizations.”

In order to receive financial assistance from the VSC Fund, applicants will need to pick up and fill out an application at the Veterans Service Office (100 Polk County Plaza, Suite 70, Balsam Lake, WI 54810) and bring with them their DD 214 showing that they are a veteran. Applications can also be found online at https://www.co.polk.wi.us/vso and by clicking on the “County Benefits” section. If an applicant is already in the Polk County Veterans Service system, then they don’t need to bring their DD 214 and can simply mail in the application.

Veterans Services are open from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.

Last Update: May 04, 2022 12:52 pm CDT

Posted In


Share This Article