Village of Minong Awarded $6,200 in Disaster Reimbursement Funding
Washburn County Emergency Management wishes to announce that the Village of Minong has been awarded disaster reimbursement funding from FEMA’s Public Assistance Program.
Municipalities in Washburn County and around the Northwest Region sustained torrential rains from the July 11/12th, 2016 storm. Reports of over 9” of rain fell in the region causing widespread flooding, road closures, and severe damage to critical infrastructure.
The Federal Disaster - FEMA Program pays 75% with WI Emergency Management paying 12.5%, and a local match of 12.5%. A good deal of hard work went into collecting information and documenting all the damages to be eligible for reimbursement funding.
A check was received as follows:
Village of Minong - $6,267.99
Several other Municipalities and Washburn County Offices have submitted applications and are now awaiting their checks.
Carol Buck, Director
[Photo: Village of Minong – Clerk/Treasurer – Denise Waggoner & Carol Buck]
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Spooner Health’s Flu Shot Clinics Scheduled for Minong and Spooner
- Town of Brooklyn Awarded Disaster Reimbursement Funding
- Minong Police Dept. Warns of Phone Scam about Northwood School District
- Jury Finds Minong Man Guilty of OWI 4
- PSA #34 - Introducing Chief Dennis Stuart of Minong Police Department
- Weekly Construction Update #3 for USH 53 NB Project from Spooner to Minong
- Jury Trial Set for Minong Woman on Felony 6th Offense OWI Charge
- Minong Man Sentenced for OWI 6th Offense
- Two People Charged After Meth Seized in Village of Grantsburg