Sheriff Dryden: Hunter Accidentally Shoots Self
A Chippewa Falls man accidentally shot himself last night, November 24, 2017, near Stone Lake, Wisconsin, according to a news release from the Washburn County Sheriff's Office.
News Release -- Washburn County Dispatch received a call at approx 7:30 PM last night Friday the 24th, from a female stating her husband shot himself in the leg, she is not with him but they are yelling to each other. The caller stated he is bleeding very badly and is light headed. The location is on County B, Birchwood Township, near Stone Lake. The victim is from Chippewa Falls.
Washburn County Deputies, WI DNR Warden, Sawyer County Ambulance, and Fire responded to the scene.
The first Deputy on scene, Deputy Josh Christman, placed a tourniquet on the victim's leg above the wound to stem the bleeding.
According to the dispatch log, the victim was located, treated on scene, removed from the scene, transported to the Stone Lake Fire Hall for transport by Medical Helicopter to Regions Hospital in St. Paul and all EMS units cleared from the call at approximately 9 PM. All this in about 1 and 1/2 hours, impressive.
Absolutely phenomenal response from all units. Special recognition to Deputy Christman for clear and calm thinking and applying the tourniquet. I am very proud of all who responded to help this man, your quick response, your training and your caring just might have saved a life.
The current condition of the victim is not known to DrydenWire.com at this time.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Matt Dryden: The Perfect Diet
- (UPDATE) Rusk County Sheriff's Office has Identified Subjects
- Burnett County Sheriff’s Deputy Pleads No Contest to OWI w/Child in Vehicle
- Shopko Presents $1,000 Check for the Washburn County Sheriff’s Christmas for Kids Program
- Sheriff: Washburn County’s New Communications Tower Almost Complete
- Washburn County Sheriff's Office Seeking Public's Help Identifying Subject
- 'Hunter's Stock Up Sale' This Week at Economart!
- New Information Released from Barron Co. Sheriff on Chetek Tragedy
- (UPDATE) Sheriff: All 3 People Found in House Suffered Gunshot Wounds