The Washburn County Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Committee held their annual meeting Wednesday, March 14, 2018. As part of the meeting, the 2018 Washburn County AODA Mini-Grants were awarded.
Funding for the AODA Mini-Grants is made possible by the continued funding authorized by the Washburn County Board of Supervisors as part of the annual Washburn County Budget.
Mini-grants are awarded for a maximum of $1,000.00 for a single organization grant and $1,000.00 per organization for multiple organization grant applications. Any Washburn County group, organization or individual may apply.
All Mini-Grant applications must Contain the Following:
- 1 or more persons from the organization Must attend the meeting and present the grant request to the AODA Committee in person.
- The program or event must have a clear AODA message.
- All participants must be alcohol and drug-free during the program/event.
- All events must have on-site adult supervision for the duration of the program/event.
The following organizations were approved to receive 2018 AODA Grant Funding:
- Lakeland Family Resource Center; Family Festival
- Spooner Memorial Library; Summer Reading Program
- Shell Lake Schools; Respect Retreat
- Minong Area Library & Literacy; Summer Reading Program
- Birchwood School AODA; Bobcat Wellness Day
- Shell Lake Arts Center; Music Camp Conductors
- Washburn County 4-H; 4-H Camp @ Hunt Hill
- Spooner High School, Class of 2019; Post Prom Event