Washburn County AODA Mini Grants Awarded
The Washburn County Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Committee held their annual meeting Wednesday, March 14, 2018. As part of the meeting, the 2018 Washburn County AODA Mini-Grants were awarded.
Funding for the AODA Mini-Grants is made possible by the continued funding authorized by the Washburn County Board of Supervisors as part of the annual Washburn County Budget.
Mini-grants are awarded for a maximum of $1,000.00 for a single organization grant and $1,000.00 per organization for multiple organization grant applications. Any Washburn County group, organization or individual may apply.
All Mini-Grant applications must Contain the Following:
- 1 or more persons from the organization Must attend the meeting and present the grant request to the AODA Committee in person.
- The program or event must have a clear AODA message.
- All participants must be alcohol and drug-free during the program/event.
- All events must have on-site adult supervision for the duration of the program/event.
The following organizations were approved to receive 2018 AODA Grant Funding:
- Lakeland Family Resource Center; Family Festival
- Spooner Memorial Library; Summer Reading Program
- Shell Lake Schools; Respect Retreat
- Minong Area Library & Literacy; Summer Reading Program
- Birchwood School AODA; Bobcat Wellness Day
- Shell Lake Arts Center; Music Camp Conductors
- Washburn County 4-H; 4-H Camp @ Hunt Hill
- Spooner High School, Class of 2019; Post Prom Event