Washburn County Veterans Day Programs
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #10568 Springbrook, Trego, and Earl
- Veterans Day Dinner for Post Members & Guest: Thursday, November 16th 2017, at 5:00 pm Social Hour, with Dinner at 6:00 pm, at the Steak House and Lodge in Hayward.
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #9867 & American Legion Post #225 Shell Lake
- Veterans Day Program: Thursday, November 9th 2017, with Social Hour (Veterans and Students) at 9:00 am, and the Service starting at 9:30 am in the Shell Lake High School gymnasium. Hosted by the Shell Lake Honor Guard, VFW and American Legion Posts. Guest speaker is George Cusick, and music to be provided by the Shell Lake HS Band and Choir.
American Veterans Post #190 Spooner
- Veterans Day Program: Friday, November 10th 2017, at 10:30 am in the Spooner High School gymnasium. Guest speaker TBD, with colors provided by the Spooner Honor Guard. Music by the Spooner High School choir and band students.
American Legion Bemis-Hunter Post #379 Birchwood High School in Birchwood
- Veterans Day Program: Friday, November 10th 2017, at 10:30 am in the Birchwood High School gymnasium. Veteran Recognition begins at 10:00 am. Hosted by the students who are family members of a Veteran, past Birchwood Graduates that are now Veterans and those currently serving in the military. Post Colors provided by the American Legion Post #379 with music provided by the Birchwood Band and Choir. Awards Presentation to winning 5 students.
- Veterans Day Dinner and Ceremony: Saturday, November 11th 2017, social hour at 5:00 pm, dinner from 6:00 pm –8:00 pm at the Blue Gill Banquet Hall in Birchwood. Pick up tickets at the American Legion Post #379. Winners of the student essay contest will be honored at 7:00.
American Legion Lockman-Jenson Post #499 Northwood School in Minong
- Veterans Day Program: Friday, November 10th 2017, at 10:00 am in the Northwood High School Richard's Auditorium. Guest Veteran Speaker TBD, and Student Speaker, with music provided by the Northwood Choir and High School Band, as well as the 3rd through 5th grade students.