WEC Certifies 6 Candidates for Special 10th Senate Election
MADISON, WI – Twelve candidates will face off in primaries for three legislative seats on December 19 to see who will face off in special elections on January 16.
Governor Walker ordered special elections to fill vacant seats in State Senate District 10 and Assembly Districts 58 and 66. The deadline for candidates to file nomination papers was Tuesday, November 21. There were no challenges filed to any of the candidates’ nomination papers.
After reviewing signatures and other paperwork submitted, the WEC staff today certified candidates who qualified to be on the ballot. The candidates’ names are listed in the order they will appear on the primary ballot, which was determined by random drawing.
State Senate District 10 – Parts of Burnett, Dunn, Pierce, Polk and St. Croix counties
Shannon Zimmerman of River Falls and Adam Jarchow of Balsam Lake will face off in a Republican partisan primary. Rueben Helge Herfindahl of River Falls, John Rocco Calabrese of Glenwood City and Patty Schnachter of Somerset will also have a Democratic partisan primary. The primary winners will face Libertarian Brian J. Corriea of Wilson in the special election on January 16.
Assembly District 58 – Washington County
Tiffany Koehler of Slinger, Spencer Zimmerman of Janesville, Rick Gundrum of Slinger and Steve Stanek of West Bend will be in the Republican partisan primary. Dennis D. Degenhardt of West Bend is the only candidate who qualified in the Democratic Party.
Assembly District 66 – Racine County
John Tate II and Greta Neubauer will face off in the Democratic primary on December 19, and no candidates qualified for ballot access in the Republican Party. The primary winner’s name will appear on the January 16 special election ballot.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Special Christmas Giveaway from DrydenWire.com
- Spooner Area School District Election Notice for School Board
- Blackened Sword Fish w/ Mango Salsa on Special This Week at The Roost!
- Shannon Zimmerman Announces Run for Wisconsin State Senate, 10th District
- Jarchow Will Seek 10th Senate Seat
- Senate Votes to Close OWI Loophole
- Marsy’s Law for Wisconsin: Bipartisan Legislation Passes in Senate
- Wisconsin Senate Appoves Industrial Hemp Legislation
- DrydenWire Special: Get $5 OFF Any Purchase of $25, When You Sign Up for a FREE Hank's Reward Program