Currently, there are roughly 8,000 children in foster care in Wisconsin and 5,100 licensed foster care providers. The demand for foster care providers is rising every day and we need your help.
Pierce, St Croix, Barron and Polk Counties are seeking patient, committed and energetic families to become licensed foster homes to provide support and care to youth who are experiencing significant behavioral challenges. A qualified household will have the following:
- At least one full time caregiver at home 24/7
- 2 adult household or extensive support system if single adult household
- Ability to be available for numerous meetings to assist and support youth placed in their home
- Valid Driver’s license
- Eligible to become a licensed level 2 foster home
Eligible applicants will have experience with the foster care system, experience with youth with high acuity behavioral issues, extensive knowledge on the effects of trauma, knowledge of the Wraparound approach, willingness to accept youth from all backgrounds, availability for training, and the ability to participate in youth crisis and treatment planning.
Approved applicants will receive a $3000 monthly salary in addition to the state foster care rate. If interested, please reach out to the Polk County Foster Care program:
- Tiffanie Degestad: (715) 768-9568 or email@example.com
- Alisha Olson: (715) 554-3924 or
[Image by Freepik]